In 1948, Alexander Ruggerio and Daniel Ruggerio officially opened the Ruggerio Brothers
Funeral Home at its present site on Water Street. Acquiring the home from their
mother Carmela Ruggerio. The land on which the building is located was originally
owned by the late M.F. Green who owned and operated the former M.F. Green Clothing
Store on the corner of Main and Central St.
In 1975, upon the death of Alexander Ruggerio, the name was changed to the Ruggerio
Memorial Funeral Home, Inc. in honor of the late Alexander Ruggerio. Over the years
to the present date continued renovations and expansion renovations have taken place
to accommodate the growth of our business.
In 1981, David A. Consigli, graduate of the Simmons School of Mortuary Science in
Syracuse, N.Y. became associated with Daniel Ruggerio, serving in the capacity of
funeral director and embalmer.
In 1996 David A. Consigli acquired the Ruggerio Memorial Funeral Home, Inc. and
recently changed the name to the Consigli Ruggerio Funeral Home.